Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Strange and Unlikely Visitors

Wow...I didn't realize that this blog has suffered so much because of the necessity to write on my other blog, until I looked at the date of the latest post.  I apologize to those of you who have faithfully returned to see if there is anything new.  But I want you to know that the well isn't dry.  Between squeezing in flurried moments of cleaning, shopping, meals, trying to stay ahead of the game, and everything else that tries to consume our daily lives, it is just pouring out its precious waters onto other pages that have a more urgent need.

Although I haven't added a new post, lately, I still check in every day.  As I have mentioned before, the first place I look is at you.  My traffic counter lets me see the state or nation you reside in and, if you have a blog of your own, a peak at what makes you tick.

Blogs are revealing and their intended purpose varies.  Some people merely create them to keep other family members up-to-date on what's happening in their tight circle.  Many have become an avenue through which a person can unload their thoughts and express themselves in ways that he or she is unable to do face-to-face with others.   And then there are those who use it to elevate themselves while hiding behind an avatar of deception, those who expound upon their misguided perceptions/ideologies/philosophies, or  the occasional atheist who enjoys transferring his hatred for God onto its pages.

It sometimes saddens me to see a blog writer's empty and troubled life spread so vividly for all the world to view.  It is as if they are crying out for help to an audience of strangers that border on voyeurism and who could care less about the person behind the words.  Their posts express a need, they long to be heard, but there is no physical hand to help lift them up and  help put their focus on what really matters.

Confusion and desperation for answers is prevalent on some of the blogs I visit from my traffic counter.  It is especially obvious on those which haven't been constantly maintained and updated.  Their last post often reflects a void they are unable to fill; empty, meaningless, a wandering befuddled mind searching for answers, but finding none.

When I first started this blog, I had the idea that it would only be read by those of like-mind and spirit.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  The majority that stumbles upon this site cover a very broad spectrum of false beliefs or utter unbelief.  What is most revealing about them, however, is what they lack: the One that so many of them reject or deny and that could bring them the peace and tranquility they so obviously desire.

Although I was once just like them, it is now strange for me to think that there are those who believe that their hope relies upon themselves, their own work, or a mute, deaf, and lifeless idol of wood or stone (Lev. 19:4; Psalm 31:6; Psalm 96:5; Psalm 106:36; Isaiah 2:8; 31:7; 40:19-21; 42:8, 17; 45:16, 20; 1Cor. 10:14; 12:2; Rev. 9:20).   Or, worse, the belief that there is no hope at all once their lives end here.  They are unlikely visitors who have unknowingly found themselves on a blog that is dedicated to the One they are searching for or Whom they have chosen to reject, a blog that I try to fill to the brim with His Word, His Ways, His will, His Truths.

I have often wondered how long my strange and unlikely visitors linger here.  Do they pause and wonder what this blog is all about and spend a few moments to read the things I have written?  Does any of it penetrate that diamond-hard shell that has encased their hearts?  (Zech. 7:12)  Or do they suddenly see that this blog is not a place they want to be and leave as empty and despairing as when they first came?

Whether you want to believe it or not, my unbelieving friends, Jesus Christ is also your LORD, your Savior, and the purpose of this blog is to point you to Him.  It has been created with the hope that it will bring you to the Light of understanding, repentance, belief, faith, and trust in the One True God, Jesus Christ.

And this blog is intended for you, believer, who has been accepted into the beloved family of God, to exhort and encourage you as we await the glorious and imminent return of our LORD and Savior.

To my readers who have not yet believed this Truth, He has delayed His return because of you.  His desire is that through this blog, or through another form of intervention that He chooses, you will believe He is your Redeemer and your God and will worship Him.  There will be a day in the not-so-distant future when you will come to that realization.  When you do, you will either gladly and joyfully bow your knee and profess Him to be LORD, or be forced to as you recognize your grievous error of unbelief and await your eternal judgment for it.

"For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written,

    'As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me,
   and every tongue shall confess to God.'

So then each of us will give an account of himself to God." ~ Rom. 14:10b-12

If you find yourself to be an unlikely visitor to this blog, I am asking you to take a few moments and thumb through its pages.  It goes without saying that I am positive you will find something here to give you pause and cause you to examine yourself and where you really stand.  If you are looking for answers to what life has dealt you or what lies beyond your perception of reality and eternity, there is hope contained within its words.

Read the things written here with an open mind and a willing heart.  Search the Scriptures that are cited.  You can even view them by hovering your mouse over the citation.  After all, nothing you read here is of my own making.  It is borrowed from God's own Word and His Word is trustworthy, faithful, and true.  It is a seed to be planted and it will never return void of fruit when it is shed abroad on man's heart.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will hear you." ~ Jer. 29:11-12

To all my strange and unlikely visitors, I hope you will become a "return visitor."  If you do, it will tell me that you did find something or Someone you were looking for.  Maybe it will even encourage you to change the reason for and the direction of your own blog. 

If that happens, then you will know the true purpose for stumbling upon mine and that it wasn't just an accident. 

Let me know if it does, will you?


No comments: